Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Volunteer and help your community

Last week I took one of the schools I manage out to Sacred Heart community center. It was a gloomy day, started to rain a lot, and on top of that, I had a migraine. I wasn't really feeling the field trip, but had to man up and make sure the students experience helping others. When we got there, we jumped right into sorting the clothing that has been donated, arranging the items and organizing them on the racks, as well as helping their clients (low income families as well as some homeless people). After meeting some of their clients, my migraine went away, and it felt really good that I was there helping out Sacred Heart. Volunteering cured my migraine! I've been here numerous times, and my students always love coming out here to volunteer. I believe I have the best job ever!

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment